Best Security Lights for Driveway – 9 Modern Lighting Solutions for your Driveway in 2020
You might have wondered for a lot of time on what possible utility could you gain from installing security lights in your driveway. If you are like many of the people who believe that security lights for driveway serve as just a means of security, you are wrong. On this page, I am going to tell you why you should get a security light for your driveway. A simple guide and a variety of benefits on the best security lights for the driveway are going to be briefly discussed on this page so that we remove any misconceptions around these useful lights.
This is not to scare you off but with time, the need for improved security systems is becoming percolated, more than ever.
When we hear words like ”security systems” or “security for houses”, we tend to remember things like heavy wirings done on the boundaries of the house for protection, security guards and watchmen around the house and sometimes, even dogs. While these things are as equally important in their place, we need not complicate the simple concepts related to security.
These days, security lights fulfill most of the security requirements of the house, without ever making you need additional security systems.
Let’s discuss a few factors that one must consider before buying the security lights and the importance of these factors.
1) RAB Lighting Adjustable LED Floodlight with Motion Sensor
The RAB LED security light is essential for driveways. The two heads of this adjustable floodlight allow a lot of surface area to fall directly under the sensors of this light. This makes tiny movements easily detectable and any activity taking place in the floodlight’s surroundings will be recorded.
Driveways form a large part of your house’s outdoor area. Therefore, if a security light can illuminate a large part of the driveway and provide motion detection for it, then most probably, a large portion of your house will receive protection due to the security light.
RAB floodlight’s contemporary design also adds to the beauty of your house. This security light serves dual purposes: Providing brightness as well as security to your surroundings.
1) Double floodlights to ensure maximum security.
2) UL listed.
3) Withstands the wet conditions.
4) A bright source of light.
5) A great heat dissipation system to remove unwanted heat from the structure.
6) Beautiful design that suits the outer environment of the house.
7) Long lifespan.
2) HALO All Pro Outdoor Security LED Floodlight
When it comes to security lights for driveway, there are many floodlights that meet the criteria for driveway security lighting. However, there are not many floodlights out there that do not perform up to mark because of their rigid structures and far too many features that users eventually find them to be useless. But, the Halo security floodlight is a class apart from other floodlights.
This simple floodlight is easily adaptable to different environments. The 5000K color temperature illuminates most of the driveway, making things visible while also setting up a potential barrier against the intruders trying to gain access to you house. If you have had a hard time repairing various light fixtures and getting things done with a screwdriver, and now you are thinking of a better lighting solution, then we have this Halo LED floodlight for you.
This easy to install and maintenance-free light provides a lot of hope to floodlight enthusiasts who have wasted their plenty of efforts and time trying to fix their floodlights but haven’t quite reached their goals yet of having sustainable lighting solutions. You can turn this light on whenever you feel the need of having a little more brightness or when you want to add a bit of security to your driveway at night. This can all be done via a switch, which makes it easy to operate.
The switch gives the users more control over the floodlight.
1) Easy to install.
2) Bright source of light.
3) Switch included for more user control.
4) Fine design.
5) Motion sensor also comes with a separate model.
6) Easy to maintain: Requires no maintenance at all.
3) Litmor 2K HD Motion Sensor Light with Camera- Best Security Light for Driveway
This motion sensor light is a must-have for the driveways. Want to know what happened in your surroundings outside while you were away? With the 2K HD video camera, you are going to get ample details of the past events that make identifying things a lot easier. The motion sensor further aids the camera by focusing on suspicious activities that are occurring in your nearness, so that nothing goes unnoticed.
Talk to other people outside the house without going out to them by this floodlight’s 2 way-talk system that makes communication easy. Additionally, you can ring the siren alarm with a simple touch of a button on your phone if you notice something suspicious.
Not many camera floodlights are capable of working in dusty or wet environments but the Litmor LED floodlight is IP55 rated, making it waterproof and resistant to harsh climate.
Home security lights are a means of comfort for the residents but not for the trespassers. And for this reason, this smart floodlight works tirelessly to ensure home safety and security of your loved ones. Even if you are away from your house, you don’t need to worry. The 2K HD camera is going to keep you informed of your surroundings through your phone. You can have as much assurance as you like with the Litmor LED light installed.
1) IP55 waterproof.
2) Easy installation.
3) Motion Activated.
4) Siren system included to intimidate any menacing presence.
5) Access footage from anywhere through your phone.
6) 2-way talk system makes communication easier.
7) HD camera to record and present clear footage.
4) Swann Floodlight Security Camera w/Dimmable Motion Lighting
Another great security light to consider for your driveway is the Swann camera floodlight. This modern floodlight has all the features you would like to hear in an ideal security floodlight. Equipped with high-quality motion sensors, this floodlight greatly reduces the number of false alarms that an ordinary floodlight with motion sensors would give. Due to this reason, users prefer this floodlight more than any other floodlight with motion and heat detectors.
Furthermore, this Alexa compatible floodlight can be connected with your smartphone after which you will have access to high-quality footage.
This floodlight also adjusts itself to focus on areas where it detects any suspicious activity going on. In this way, no one trying to break through your house goes unnoticed. Plus, the siren system, once activated, alarms the residents to take further notice of the situation taking place in the surrounding.
All in all, the Swann motion-detecting floodlight serves as a great defense against the potential intruders, with its unique features.
1) A bright source of light with 2500 lumens to offer.
2) Alexa compatible.
3) 2-way talk system included to make communication easy.
4) View recent events that occurred in your surroundings through the HD camera.
5) The Siren system prevents the further unwanted activity of outsiders.
6) It can withstand rough and humid weather.
5)Solar Motion Sensor Spotlight Outdoor JACKYLED LED Solar Security Lights 2-Pack (White)
This solar security light comes with a PIR motion sensor to detect any harmful activity takin place in your surroundings. Your driveway security takes on another security level with this LED security light installed.
The 3 working modes of this light makes it highly versatile. Turn on any one mode that best suits your needs. Whenever you feel like your driveway needs more brightness, you can switch between the different modes that this floodlight comes with. The outer aluminum casing also ensures efficient heat dissipation to prevent the light from getting overheated.
The 2800 mAh battery provides a substantial running time for this light.
You can achieve more by spending less: The solar panels offer an energy-efficient power solution for those of you looking for cheaper electricity bills. This light is an affordable yet effective option for security light lovers.
1) PIR motion sensor detects suspicious activity.
2) 3 working modes present to adapt to different periods of the day.
3) Excellent heat dissipation system.
4) Affordable lighting solution for your driveway.
5) Easy installation.
6) Long functioning hours.
7) Reduces electricity bills.
Price: Click Here for Price
6) Sengled Floodlight Camera with Motion Sensor Light
The Sengled floodlight not only serves the purpose of brightness for the driveways, but it also meets the security requirements. The camera captures every moment of the events taking place in your surroundings. Even if it is dark outside, the night vision ensures safety by working simultaneously with the motion sensor to detect any activity.
The Sengled floodlight is a weather-resistant security light that features a two-way talk system. Simply talk through your phone to someone present outside the door near the floodlight without even moving a muscle.
Connect this floodlight to your phone to access live footage of your driveway, from anywhere. The wireless antennas on the security light bolster the wifi signals so viewing things through your floodlight becomes an easy task.
This security light is perfect for your driveway because by providing you with clear footage through its 1080p camera, sharp details of everything happening in your driveway get noticed and viewing the footage becomes a simple task.
1) Easy to install.
2) 1080 p camera records excellent quality footage.
3) Access live footage of your driveway through your phone from anywhere.
4) 2-way talk system enables easier communication.
5) Motion detectors help in adjusting the camera to the activity area.
6) Antennas on the floodlight enhance the signals coming to your phone for a better quality image.
Price: Click Here for Price
7) Ring Floodlight HD Security Cam- Best Outdoor LED Motion Sensor Light
The ring floodlight HD security cam has all the essential features of a good security light. Driveways are an important part of the house. Every owner wants to keep his/her driveway safe as it is the main entrance towards the house. The Ring floodlight detects any suspicious movement taking place in your driveway as far as 30 ft. You can also make full use of its two-way talk system if you notice any unusual activity.
If you have had a bad experience with your traditional security lights in the past, you might have installed a security light that does not come up with as many features as this light does. The siren system, camera, and motion detectors all work together to prevent a mishap from ever happening again.
This security floodlight adapts easily to different locations of the driveway. All that matters is not the ideal spot for the security light, but the main functions performed by the light. So installing this light in the hope of better security standards is definitely going to help.
1) Easy to install.
2) 2-way talk system present.
3) Shows high-quality footage.
4) Siren, once activated, makes the burglars uncomfortable and causes them to leave.
5) Access live footage from anywhere via your smartphone.
6) Motion detectors can be adjusted to focus on more preferred areas.
Price: Click Here for Price
8) Arlo Wireless Smart Home Security Light
Presenting you a full color customized security light that suits the visual needs of most of the driveways. Via smartphone, you can illuminate your driveway with a wide variety of colors and even adjust the beamwidth of the security light according to your driveway’s needs. If you want to innovate and set up your driveway’s visual environment unlike any other driveway’s atmosphere, you don’t need to look further.
The Arlo smart security light provides adequate brightness to your driveways while its motion sensors work to ensure that the safety standards are properly met. The IP65 rating of this light means that you can install it anywhere without the fear of harsh weather. Driveways need a good amount of security all year round and this makes the resistance of the security lights towards weather conditions a crucial factor.
The prolonged battery life of the Arlo security light is another good factor to consider since you will be spending lesser time charging the battery and more time enjoying under the influence of this security light. This is one of the rare security lights that provides value to its customers.
1) IP65 weather-resistant.
2) Easy to install.
3) Wireless security light.
4) Changeable LED colors.
5) Sends notifications to your mobile upon detecting unusual activity.
6) A bright source of light for the driveway.
Price: Click Here for Price
9) Sengled Floodlight Security Camera Outdoor 1080 p
The Sengled floodlight is equipped with a 140-degree wide-view angle that increases the detection zone of the motion sensors, making it difficult for people to stay out of the detection zone of the floodlight. Want to see something that happened in the past in your driveway? You can have access to the high quality 1080p HD footage via the Sengled floodlight’s camera.
If you are worried that your existing floodlight does not provide as much protection to your driveway at night, you must think of switching over to this floodlight. The night vision of this security light does not let anyone go unnoticed in the dark. In addition to this, you can set up your motion zones with this floodlight to focus on areas in your driveway that you feel need an extra layer of security.
The stealthy functioning of this security light remains unparalleled. You can install this security light anywhere and expect others to not even get a slight hint of the presence of the hidden camera of the security light and security light in general.
You will receive alert notifications when the camera detects any activity in your driveway in the motion zones that you set up. Maintaining security standards becomes an easy task with the Sengled security floodlight installed in your driveway.
1) Night vision improves detection at nighttime.
2) You can set custom motion detection zones in specific areas in your driveway.
3) Weather-resistant IP65 security light that can be installed anywhere.
4) Two-way talk system makes communication with the visitors easy.
5) The wide view angle reduces the number of false alarms.
6) Easily view high-quality footage via the HD camera of this floodlight through your phone.
7) Offers high-level security + brightness to your driveway.
Price: Click Here for Price
Benefits & Factors to Consider While Buying the Security Lights for Driveway:
1) Detection Distance: Long driveways require a greater detection distance of security light’s motion sensors than as compared to the shorter driveways. Shorter driveway’s lighting needs are usually met by installing one security light that has an adequate detection distance. However, this is not the case with longer driveways. The detection distance of one security light might not be enough to meet the longer driveways their security requirements. In this case, you need to have multiple security lights based upon your driveway’s distance. So, the driveway not only gets illuminated but also falls under the range of motion sensors.
2) Color Temperature: The security lights should be able to provide adequate brightness to their surroundings and for this reason, a color temperature of 4000- 6000K (cool white-daylight white) is recommended for the security lights. This color temperature ushers a suitable visual environment for your driveway, helping you to see things more clearly. In a nighttime environment, security lights play a key role in maintaining the security of your driveway, and your house in general. A color temperature that allows the security lights to mimic natural light’s correlated color temperature is much needed. That’s why we recommend 4000K-6000K white color temperature of these security lights.
3) Sensitivity of the Sensors: Security lights are a good way of knowing who enters your house and who leaves. They can also be used to reveal details of the past events that occurred in your premises. Taking these things into account, you would want to buy a security light that has a good sensitivity of the sensors. Compromising on the sensitivity of the sensors of the lights would dilute the purpose of installing these at your driveway. Therefore, if you want some solid defense against the intruders, always get a good security light with sensitive sensors. The security lights mentioned on this page have high-quality sensors to ensure the smooth working of the security light as a whole
Keeping these in view, let’s go through the reviews of the security lights that have all the 3 features mentioned above.
1) Security lights are highly versatile instruments that can work in different kinds of environments.
2) Weather-resistant floodlights are less vulnerable to yearly weather cycles that tend to disrupt the functioning of traditional lights.
3) Adjustable motion sensor zones can be set up for the areas in the driveway that you think are receiving less security. This can be done by installing floodlights that offer custom motion detection zones.
4) Motion sensors play an important role in suppressing the burglar activity that might be occurring inside the house by swiftly shedding light on the area of unusual activity.
So hope you enjoyed reading the list of the best security lights for driveways. A lot of people find it hard to choose a single light from a multitude of security lights present on the internet. There is no need to worry because we have just taken the reviews of some of the finest security lights on this page. These security lights are not just meant for the driveways. Their wide variety of features allows them to serve in different departments and provide their users with a lot of utility.